I pledge my commitment to the Blog For Mental Health 2013 Project. I will blog about mental health topics not only for myself, but for others. By displaying this badge, I show my pride, dedication, and acceptance for mental health. I use this to promote mental health education in the struggle to erase stigma.
After five family bereavements in 14 months, I had a melt-down in 2008 which had a serious impact on my business, on friendships and work relationships, on my finances and my whole way of life. It resulted in a huge change – leaving the country and starting a very different life in Europe. The peace and clarity of the mountains gave me back the ability to think, but it took years to reach the point of being able to go back into the ‘real’ world. For many reasons, I wouldn’t turn the clock back as, despite the bad bits, I have learned so much and found so much good in the process. I would only wish to undo the damage I unwillingly caused to others.
This blog is a major route to putting something back, to sharing what I’ve learned and, maybe, giving people some new options to getting out of deep ruts.
Two good ones to read:
- Blog for Mental Health 2013 (disorderlychickadee.wordpress.com)
- Secret suffering as mental health stigma silences anxious voices (terrymadeley.com)
- Blog for Mental Health 2013 (karenstacy.wordpress.com)
- Blog for mental health 2013 has begun! (scienerf.wordpress.com)
- Blog For Mental Health 2013 (infinitesadnessorhope.wordpress.com)
- Blog for mental health 2013 (crazyinthecoconut.co.uk)
- Blog for Mental Health 2013 (humaninrecovery.wordpress.com)
- Blog For Mental Health 2013 (loopyluce.wordpress.com)